JONES (Jimmy and Andrea) strive for genuine and lasting relationships with children and youth in inner-city Denver through Cornerstone Community Ministries. Cornerstone uses club meetings, rap sessions, small group outings and activities, home visits, one-on-one counseling, and summer camps to meet with these young people as frequently and in as many ways as possible. This regular contact enables transforming relationships, evangelism and discipleship for these young people as they get past surface conversations to hear about and trust the Lord Jesus Christ for their lives, future and salvation. As Jimmy relates from his own experience: “The future isn’t an easy conversation, when you’re born and raised in the hood and just day-to-day survival seems impossible.”
- a place for regular meetings in the local recreation center or elsewhere for weekly use without rent.
- wisdom in serving the children and youth in Denver.
- safety at Bible Club each week.
- much fruit and fruit that lasts.
- school supplies and other materials for summer camp.
- additional partnerships with other organizations to enable us to provide more services to the young people we serve.